Saturday, September 14, 2013

SET MOVE-IN. From Garage to stage.

Today the sets went from my garage to the stage. For the first time the actors got to rehearse with the major set pieces. (there's more to come.)  Scroll to see the sets coming together and then becoming the backdrop to this great cast. I designed the sets so that most pieces turn around to become something else. Lots of fun to watch!
The set's home for four months- my garage

The "kitchen" gets packed up.

Part of the large panel- the Italian Market.

Luckily we don't live far from the theater. WIDE load.

Everything is put on rolling platforms.

Refrigerator in place. (Mike made that refrig- Scott built the kitchen.)

It opens!

Classroom. ( the reverse of the Market).

Cast warming up.

Burger Shop is reverse of Kitchen. (signs to come)

Kim and Grandma in "Town".

Grandma visits the classroom.

"Listen up, class."

"I come from a Royal Family, you know!"
(Thank you to my set construction team- Mike, Bob, Scott and Steve- and Jeremy my intern!...And husband Eric, the expert mover! I could not have done it without you!!!)...PS- Wait till you see the BUS!  Hope to see you there!- Maryann

No comments:

Post a Comment