Thursday, September 12, 2013

"Page to Stage" School Tour

Tomorrow I begin visiting local schools to present my "THE BOOK and BEYOND" program. I'll share with the students where ideas for my books come from and how one tiny idea from my own childhood experience turned into a book and then, a play. Every student is a writer and creator. I hope I am able to instill in these bright wide-eyed children that their everyday experiences can turn into their own stories.  I want them to dream big, realize that with hard work and determination, anything is possible. 

Within the next few weeks I'll be visiting, Birch Hill, Broad St, Sunset and Charlotte Schools in Nashua,  Clarke, Wilkins and AMS in Amherst and Village School in Mont Vernon.

Students at my THE BOOK AND BEYOND program in Ohio.


Lots of Crowns in this audience.
Ready to draw Princess KIM.
Kids--See you soon! I'll show you how I created my book Princess K.I.M. and the Lie that Grew, read the story, share some music, and tell you all about Princess K.I.M. The Musical... and draw a picture or two. Be ready to have fun (and learn a lot too!)

Maryann

No comments:

Post a Comment